Try this potato salad at a barbecue for a different take on a classic summer salad. This delicious recipe instead features basil, parsley and garlic
- 1 large bunch basil
- 1 large bunch parsley
- 1kg new potatoes, larger potatoes halved
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, drop in the basil for 30 secs or until wilted, then fish out with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool slightly. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, squeeze out the basil over the sink, then put in a blender along with the oil, vinegar, garlic and a good pinch of seasoning. Blitz until you have a vibrant green oil.
- Drain and steam-dry the potatoes. Chop the parsley, then tip it and the potatoes into a serving bowl. Season and toss in the basil oil. Will keep for two days.
recipe from bbcgoodfood