This vibrant vegetarian side dish is dressed with chilli, spring onion and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkled with crunchy pumpkin seeds
- 600g mixed ripe tomatoes, such as red and yellow cherry, plum and medium vine
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely shredded or grated
- bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g pumpkin seed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Chop the large tomatoes, halve the cherry ones and tip into a large serving bowl. Add the carrots, spring onions, chilli and pumpkin seeds, and toss together.
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic, a pinch of salt and a good grinding of black pepper. Pour over the tomatoes and toss together.
recipe from bbcgoodfood