A rustic, healthy accompaniment to serve alongside main courses like sausages, roast chicken or lamb
- 200g puy lentils (or use 2 x 250g packs pre-cooked lentils)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), sliced
- large handful tarragon, roughly chopped
- If not using pre-cooked lentils, cook the lentils following pack instructions, drain and leave to cool. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, oil and some seasoning to make a dressing.
- Tip the lentils into a bowl, pour over the dressing and mix well. Stir through the beetroot, tarragon and some seasoning, then serve.
recipe from bbcgoodfood