- PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- YIELD: 5″ CAKE
- CATEGORY: CAKE
- METHOD: RAW
- CUISINE: DESSERT
A creamy, grain-free, raw cake pairing sweet avocado filling with a pumpkin seed crust. Gluten-free, nut-free, oil-free and vegan.
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (or coconut nectar, agave, etc.)
- 2 medium-small avocados, de-seeded and peeled (not too ripe ones are ideal)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or coconut nectar, agave, etc.)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (or ¾ tsp raw ground vanilla bean)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- edible rosebuds. Other toppings can be shaved chocolate, cacao nibs, chopped nuts and seeds, etc. Or leave it nude 🙂
- Place all crust ingredients, except maple syrup, into a food processor and process into a crumble. Add maple syrup and process again into a sticky crumble. Transfer this mixture into a 5″ springform pan and press into a crust along the base and sides. Place in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a high-speed blender until a smooth mixture forms (you may need to pause and scrape down the sides, or use your Vitamix tamper). Transfer the mixture into your prepared crust shell. Carefully smooth out the top to even it out. Sprinkle with any decorative toppings. Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight. Enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.
recipe from unconventional baker