- PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
- YIELD: 5″ CAKE
- CATEGORY: CAKE
- METHOD: RAW
- CUISINE: DESSERT
A creamy, vegan chocolate mousse cake with a special (and undetectable) hidden ingredient — avocado! Gluten-free.
- ¾ cup raw (or toasted) pumpkin seeds (or a nut of your choice if you prefer)
- 1 soft Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 medium-large avocados (discard pit & skin)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plant milk (anything except coconut milk*)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh raspberries or other berries of choice. Other ideas: cacao nibs, shaved chocolate, etc.
- Process all crust ingredients into a fine sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer into a 5″ springform pan and press into a crust with your fingers, covering the base and wall edges all the way to the top (I made the wall edges thinner and the base thicker). Freeze while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a power blender into a smooth consistency. Transfer into the cake pan over the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spoon. Top with raspberries or other toppings.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Thaw out a little prior to serving and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.
*Coconut milk sometimes reacts unfavourably with cacao in raw desserts, so I don’t recommend it. I used almond milk (I’m not nut-free), but you can use rice milk, oat milk, seed milk, etc. of your choice.
recipe from unconventional baker