Showcase butternut squash with this vibrant vegan side. Garnished with jewel-like pomegranate seeds and crunchy pistachios, serve as part of a stunning meze
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, ends trimmed, halved widthways and spiralized into thick noodles
- 1 large red onion, peeled, ends trimmed and spiralized using the ribbon attachment
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 30g pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the spiralized butternut squash and onion together with the oil, sumac, some sea salt and black pepper in a roasting tray. Spread out then roast for 25 mins until the vegetables are completely tender and beginning to caramelize.
- Divide between plates and top with the pomegranate seeds and toasted pistachios.
recipe from bbcgoodfood