Showcase seasonal ingredients in this simple salad of delicate fish, new potatoes and beans in a mustard and horseradish vinaigrette
- 500g new potato, scrubbed and cut in half
- 300g runner bean, trimmed and sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g pack smoked trout, flaked
For the dressing
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a jar and shake well. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 mins until just tender, then drain. Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 10 mins until tender, then plunge into ice water and drain.
- Toss the warm potatoes and beans together with half the spring onions and parsley, and half the dressing. Spread over a platter, then scatter over the smoked trout. Scatter over the rest of the spring onions, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve, or leave everyone to help themselves.
recipe from bbcgoodfood