- PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
- YIELD: 5″ CAKE
- CATEGORY: CAKE
- METHOD: NO-BAKE
- CUISINE: DESSERT
A light, fruity vegan cheesecake that’s nut-free and seed-free thanks to the addition of parsnip.
Strawberry Lime Mixture:
- 1 cup hulled strawberries (I used frozen, and thawed them out a little)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds (or any other nut or seed, or tigernuts for the nut & seed-free)
- 1 soft medjool date, pitted
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup steamed parsnips (rough chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- more pumpkin seeds, edible rose buds and petals
- Steam your parsnips (for later use in the filling layer)(takes about 15 mins until they are fork-tender)(I didn’t peel mine — just discarded the tops and sliced in half and then into quarters). Remove from heat and cool off to room temp. Meanwhile place all strawberry lime mixture ingredients in a small saucepan, combine and bring to a light boil. Once the mixture begins to bubble let it simmer for 7-10 mins, stirring occasionally (until the mixture thickens a bit). Remove from heat and cool off to room temp as well.
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumbly mixture in a food processor. Transfer into a 5″ springform pan and press down into a flat crust. Place the pan in the freezer while working on the filling.
- Place all filling ingredients as well as the cooled off strawberry lime mixture into a power blender and blend into a smooth uniform consistency. Transfer this mixture into the cake pan over the crust. Smooth out the top and decorate with desired toppings. Return to the freezer and allow the cake to set for 5-6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove from pan, thaw out a touch and enjoy! (keep leftovers frozen).
recipe from unconventional baker