Jazz up this good-for-you grain with some stone fruits like apricots, peaches and nectarines- add a little mint and parsley for colour and flavour
- 100g quinoa
- 3 peaches or nectarines, or 6 apricots, diced
- 50g toasted hazelnut, roughly chopped
- handful mint, roughly chopped
- handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan and cover with 300ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins or until the quinoa is tender. Drain off any excess liquid and set aside to cool.
- Add the fruit, hazelnuts, herbs and seasoning to the cooled quinoa.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Pour over the salad and mix thoroughly.
recipe from bbcgoodfood