Swap your regular porridge for a healthy baked version, packed with oats, juicy blueberries and crunchy almonds. It’s a warming breakfast for cold mornings
- 500ml almond milk
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- ½ tsp almond extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 450g blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 30g whole, skin-on almonds, roughly chopped
- milk or fat-free yoghurt and honey, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- STEP 2
Tip the mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish, then bake for 30-35 mins until piping hot in the middle. Serve warm with a little milk or yoghurt, honey and extra blueberries, if you like.
article from BBCgoodfood