Get three of your 5-a-day before midday with this nutritious brunch recipe. Mushrooms are a good source of zinc, a key nutrient for maintaining healthy skin
- 1 ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 500g closed cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for sprinkling
- 500g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp omega seed mix (see tip)
- 4 large eggs
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions for a few mins. Cover the pan and leave the onions to cook in their own steam for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Tip in the mushrooms with the thyme and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins until softened. Add the tomatoes and paprika, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins until pulpy. Stir through the seed mix.
article from BBCgoodfood