Make this vegan breakfast packed with healthy ingredients including flaxseeds. You’ll benefit from calcium, vitamin C, fibre and one of your 5-a-day
- 150g gluten-free porridge oats
- 50g milled seeds with flax and chia
- 400ml almond or oat milk
- 200g dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- 40g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 pink grapefruit, segmented and chopped (4 portions)
- STEP 1
Soak the oats and seeds in 800ml water overnight.
- STEP 2
Tip into a pan with 200ml milk and heat, stirring, until bubbling and thick. . Divide the rest between two bowls, along with 50ml milk each and top with a quarter portion each of the yoghurt, almonds and grapefruit.
- STEP 3
The next day, prepare the second grapefruit and reheat the leftover porridge in a pan with a splash of more milk before serving with the toppings as described in step 2.
article from BBCgoodfood