Make a healthy, low-fat, filling breakfast with the spicy, sweet flavours of pumpkin pie. It’s a great way to start the day
- 120g porridge oats
- 80g raisins
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus a sprinkling to serve
- large chunk butternut squash, peeled and coarsely grated (approx 320g grated weight)
- 2 x 150ml pots bio yoghurt
- 25g walnuts roughly broken
- milk, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Tip the oats, raisins and cinnamon into a large bowl and pour over 1-litre cold water. Cover the bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- STEP 2
The next morning, tip the contents into a large saucepan and stir in the grated squash. Cook for about 8-10 mins over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the oats are cooked and the squash is soft. Add a little more water if it’s too thick.
- STEP 3
Put half of the mixture in the fridge for the next day. Spoon the remainder into bowls, top each portion with 1 pot yoghurt and half the nuts. Dust with cinnamon, then serve with a splash of milk.
article from BBCgoodfood