A vegan tabbouleh with all the flavours of summer. The coconut and tahini dressing adds a creamy, nutty element to this winning couscous
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused oil
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 160g couscous
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes halved
- small pack mint, roughly chopped
- small pack parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- juice 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the aubergine. Cook for 10 mins until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over 200ml boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5-6 mins. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste.
- When the couscous has absorbed all the water, fluff it up with a fork. Season and stir in the cucumber, tomatoes and herbs. Add half the dressing and toss to coat. Scatter over the aubergine and drizzle over the rest of the dressing to serve.
recipe from bbcgoodfood